Registered Nurse (RN) 3P - 11 P Shift, SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE
- - Detox Unit
- Glenville, NY, USA
- Full Time
Conifer Park is a private, inpatient chemical dependency treatment facility situated on 32 wooded acres in Glenville, NY. Easily accessible from all major cities in the Northeast, the facility offers comprehensive services for the treatment of alcoholism and substance abuse in a beautiful, tranquil setting conducive to recovery.
SHIFT: 3P - 11P
Sign on bonus: Eligible for Sign on Bonus of $3000, paid incrementally at 90 days, 1 year and 2 years.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Initiates nursing process utilizing the nursing assessment tool on an ongoing basis by planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating nursing care based on clinical knowledge, patient's needs and a collection of data;
- Develops and updates treatment plans to address nursing diagnosis and reviews with the multidisciplinary team to provide input for diagnosis, length of stay, and readiness for the next level of care;
- Implements detoxification procedure and delivers appropriate patient care according to withdrawal scale and physicians orders;
- Retrieves orders and administers correct medications per physician's orders and facilitates procedure and policy. Maintains updated knowledge of withdrawal medications and modalities used in addiction treatments;
- Records and reports to appropriate care providers any information that may impact the patient's treatment and/or continuing care and completes medical discharge form;
- Initiates consult(s) (psych, nutritional) when appropriate;
- Assesses patient for readiness for transfer to next level of care'
- Triage to minor injuries and illnesses of patients in coordination with the medical staff and RN Charge Nurse;
- Maintains confidentiality at all times;
- Assumes responsibility for growth and accountability through in-service programs and staff meetings;
- Assists in orientation for new employees and/or serves as preceptor;
- Reports for duty as scheduled and is capable of taking charge after completing charge orientation;
- All information maintained accurately and in compliance in electronic chart;
- Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: AAS from an accredited institution; a current valid NYS RN License; 1 year of experience in medical surgery, addiction medicine or a related field; current CPR certification; and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and experience of alcoholism and chemical addiction and/or mental health experience preferred.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Background checks, pre-employment and drug screenings required
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts